Friday, November 15, 2013

I Am Special Like That...

I can't believe it's been three months since I last wrote a blog.  That was when we had our last contest.  We are going to be doing another one any day now, but there will be information regarding that on the Face Book page.  If you haven't liked us yet, feel free to hop on over to Face Book & 'like' Sassy Pants Lives Here.  I post updates on a daily basis.  Actually, I usually post multiple times a day, because that's how I roll.

Anyway, yesterday I attended my first Autism Summit.  It was a conference with a wonderful keynote speaker who has Aspergers, just like the Boy.  I absolutely loved her sense of humor; she was so full of snark.  I was in 7th heaven.

After lunch, I attended a breakout session on bullying.  The Boy has had his first instance of bullying from another child, so this came at the perfect time.  I will share more than that later.

I also attended a breakout session on Circle Of Friends, but had to leave early (to pick up my children from school), so I have an email in to the facilitator, so I can forward some information to my children's school principal & counselor.

I should let you know that during one of the breaks during the conference, they had snacks for us.  I went & got myself a soda & a warm & chewy pretzel.  While on my way back to the conference room, I managed to drop that pretzel on the floor.  Don't worry, I picked it up & ate it because I am special like that.

With that, I will leave with these words of wisdom from Little Boy:
"This one time when I was at Super Hero Camp, I witerwalwy went swimming in my underwears."


Happy Weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment