Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Movin' On Up...

"Oh my gosh Mom, do you HAVE to take our pictures?!?  Our friends might see us." 

That's what the Boy said when I did my annual First Day Of School Pictures this morning.  Seriously child??  Do you not see Every. Other. Parent. doing the same exact thing??  Aren't you use to me snapping a picture at the most memorable milestones in your life?  Don't you want to remember this someday when I'm long gone?  Remember, I'm the Mom who took a picture of your sister standing in the corner on a time out, then proceeded to use said photo for my profile picture on Face Book.  He just wanted me gone.  The Girl would've posed all day if I'd have let her.  She (like her Momma), has not shame.

Little Boy was pretty darn ticked off that he didn't get to start school today.  He starts Prekindergarten next Monday.  The little kids seem to start a little later; perhaps so the big kids can get acclimated & it won't be so overwhelming for the littles.

We had a morning of being really productive. I was relieved when it was finally time to meet up with my supervisor at TGI Fridays for lunch.  Yay, a chance to sit down & relax. Who was I kidding?  I had my LOUD 4yo child with me.  Everything he said came out in a shout; I'm sure my supervisor who is single & does not have children, couldn't wait to hightail it out of there (I wouldn't blame her; he was in rare form today).

Since Fridays is at one of our local malls, Little Boy wanted to ride on the escalators.  So we did.  Up & down.  Up & down. Then we did it again. And again. And again.  Finally, I told him we needed to stop into Old Navy so I could see if there was anything worth spending my gift card on.  OH. MY. GOODNESS.  They had this HUGE thing that looked like a gumball machine & Little Boy gravitated toward it, while screaming, "I've wanted one of these my WHOLE life!!"  I told him if he could calm down & talk in his "regular" voice (which is loud, but not obnoxious), I would spend that quarter & get him this bouncy ball.

He was quiet.  TOO QUIET.  I turned around to see his bottom lip quivering.

He whispered, "Momma, that person with no head touched me."
Dear Old Navy,
Thank you for the headless mannequins in your Westroads Mall store.  Not only did you scare the living tar out of my child, but you got him to shut up for 3 minutes.
Sincerely,
Momma Sassy Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment