Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pillow Talk

We had a houseful of children tonight.  The Boy & the Little Boy each had a friend come to visit for a sleepover.  That meant we had 2-8 year old boys, a 3 year old boy, a 4 year old boy, & the girl, who is 6 (AND A HALF. Don't forget the half).  The 3YO was ornery as ever, poking one of the boys in the back with a pencil & (according to the older boys), "threatening us".  I'm fairly certain that the Little Boy does not know what this term means, but with some TLC & an ice pack, everything was fine.

A few hours later, we had a friend call & ask if it would be possible for us to take her two youngest for awhile.  they had a family emergency & needed to have someone watch them.  The more the merrier, I say!!  Our friends' children were unexpected guests at our little soiree, but most certainly were not unwelcome; the Little Boy was ecstatic to have his best buddy show up, & The Girl seemed relieved to no longer be the only girl.

Everyone is in bed.  I've only had to threaten them with their lives 2 or 3 times, so that is a plus.  I told them that they may talk SOFTLY for about 15 minutes until it is time to fall asleep.  The girls are upstairs with the Pomeranian.  They are whispering.  The boys not so much.  Allow me to share what they are discussing (keep in mind they are 3, 3, 4, 8, & 8).

*It wasn't a REAL fart 'cuz I didn't smell it.
*Booger head!!!
*I'm going to karate chop your head off!
*Poopyhead!
*You are so gross!
*Oh just grow up.
*I'm telling!!!
*Smell my butt.
*Go to sleep!!
*You're going to get us in trouble.
*Act your age!
*I'm glad you're my friend.

This makes me wonder if they'll be having this same pillow talk when they are having sleepovers when they are teenagers??!??

No comments:

Post a Comment