Saturday, February 16, 2013

I Don't Need Your Permission To Just Be Me...

Sooo, it's been a few days since my last blog post.  I've dedicated myself to fighting the good fight for my oldest this week.  It's been 2 weeks since we learned of his Asperger's diagnosis.  I've been absorbing information, feeling guilt, grieving for what was that no longer is, & now finally celebrating the chance to learn more about my child (& myself as well). 

We've had a few days of extra sauciness in this house, & I have to admit, it feels nice.  Chaotic & loud, but nice.  Little Boy has been getting the last of the terrific three's out of his system.  Anyone who has children, knows that the terrible two's that "they" warn you about , are just a big joke.  Three & four, now those are the ages where it's at.  Every morning, when I wake the children, I say, in my sing songy voice, "Good morning, it's a brand new day!"  Yesterday Little Boy wasn't having any of it, he hollered at me, "Liar, liar, pants on fire~just go away you bully lady!" 

I spent the morning with the Boy, so Little Boy got to hang out with Daddy, who was home from work.  After an evening of orneriness from my youngest offspring, I was tickled when bedtime rolled around.  When I asked him if he was ready to be tucked in, my child who has been a clingy Mommas Boy since birth said, "I lud my Daddy the most, not you, Momma.  You is not my favorite. Ever. I wants to live with my Daddy for lots & lots and tons & tons of days forever." 

The Boy & the Little Boy had their moment this morning when Little Boy had his big brother trying to make me his partner in crime.  The Boy yelled, "He is a horrible little brother; I am going to fire him!" Little Boy hollered back, "No you are not!"  The Boy looked at me & said, "I think some poisonous venom will do the trick; do they sell that at Aldis Mom?"

Yes, life is getting back to normal in these parts.  We still have so much to learn about Aspergers, but we know that things in our world could be so much worse.  Nothing could be worse than being deprived of your favorite things.  The Girl is in her first year of Girl Scouts.  She is a Daisy on a mission to sell "a ton" of cookies. Today she stated, "If you think that I'm going to be able to sell all of those cookies, then you had better let me try a taste of each kind."  She is her Mother's Daughter: honesty in advertising. 

My favorite quote of the day was said when the Girl was spinning.  When I was a kid, I remember spinning around & around, until I was so dizzy that I couldn't stand any more.  I'd fall to the ground, laugh my fanny off, catch my bearings, then do it all over again.  It was a kid thing, right?  My SIL looked at the Girl & said, "Princesses don't do that." (*raising my right hand* oh no she didn't).  In true Kathryn form, without missing a beat, the Girl firmly stated, "I don't need your permission to just be me."  My little spitfire is going to go places; heaven help the man who marries her.

I think I spent just under 2 hours trying to decide what design to get on my fingernails when I get my nails done next week.  I know, there are many better things I could have been doing with my time, but I just get sucked in.  Looking at pretty things & not having to actually "think"; yep, it's okay to do nothing once in awhile.  By the way, I think I will have a ladybug design done this next time.  I'm always open to fun ideas for manicures; feel free to share on my Facebook page (personal or Sassy Pants).

I also spent some of that 2 hours looking at ideas for a new tattoo.  I have Winnie The Pooh on my left shoulder, & I'd like to cover him up with something that pertains to my life now.  And on my other shoulder, I've decided on the coolest Autism Puzzle tattoo that is so amazing, & I can incorporate all three of my children's names into it.  This will be done this spring or summer.  No lectures on why I shouldn't get a tattoo, please.

The Girl has a friend staying the night.  The Boy is staying at a friend's house tomorrow night.  Little Boy is having a friend stay the night tomorrow night.  The Boy is anti-blue jeans today, the Girl is pro-princess today, & Little Boy is anti-Mom.  It's loud.  It's chaotic.  It's my life.  And I'm happy with it all.  To Quote the Girl, "I don't need your permission to just be me."

No comments:

Post a Comment